JOB TYPE: DIRECT HIRE
Balance Staffing is hiring a New Product Quality Engineer for our client in Carlsbad, CA.
As a New Product Quality Engineer (aka NPI, Design or Customer Quality Engineer) you will lead cross-functional teams that drive efforts in helping develop world-class products and services for customers, review engineering changes to build impact and validation, and be a key leader and champion for Lean Six Sigma culture. The role also includes the management of key customers and programs.
· The goal for this role is to be 60-70% focused on rigorous new product introduction to customer needs and requirements and 30-40% on customer program support and issue resolution.
· Champion quality rigor with engineering, operations, and program area leaders to jointly own meeting program and quality objectives, drive innovation, and robustly resolve issues.
· Drive continuous improvement and corrective/preventive action programs focusing on prompt resolution, error-proofing, and prevention.
· Identify and drive lean manufacturing projects and improvements leveraging industry best practices, facilitating project teams, and monitoring visual management and metrics.
· 5+ years as a Quality Engineer or equivalent experience; in the electronics, communication, space, aerospace, and/or defense environments
· Familiarity with AS9100 / AS9110 / ISO 9001 QMS systems to ensure value, requirements interconnections, and system maintenance.
· Ensuring Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) is deployed across the New Product Development Life Cycle with quality built into the design, manufacturability, reliability, and serviceability (aka PPAP).
· Hands-on experience working in a multi-functional team covering customer quality and product quality assurance across a wide range of products for land, airborne, marine and space
· Strong analytical, communication, facilitation, and interaction skills.
· Experience working with customers implementing corrective actions and improvements.
· Experience managing and performing all aspects of failure investigations and FRACAS.
· Proficient in methods or tools such as 8D, Lean Six-Sigma, Kaizen, and metrics management
· Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
· Working knowledge of GD & T.
· Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
· US government position. US citizenship required
· Up to 10% of travel domestic and international
· Understanding REACH, RoHS, and WEEE requirements
· AS-9100 or ISO-9001 Lead Auditor trained
· Understanding of RF components and testing, cabling, electro-mechanical assembly, fabrication, and testing.
· Lean Six Sigma Certification
· ASQ CQE certification
· Working knowledge of PLM Tool as well as ERP system
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.