Are you a passionate Engineering Manager professional and looking for your next adventure with a fantastic, growth-oriented, stable, and thriving company? We are hiring a talented Engineer Manager for a client in Tempe, Arizona.
The Engineering Manager will manage/direct day-to-day operations of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of systems, electrical, mechanical, and software engineers (approximate team size of 10-12). accountable for design, development, pre-production and engineering projects related to Ni-Cd cells and batteries. We offer a completive benefits package and leading-edge technology development. Tasks include providing leadership, program management and talent development within the
design engineering activities of the business. Ensure that the design engineering resources of
the business are engaged in continual improvement and that design capabilities are aligned with the strategic needs of the business. Maintain design programs to schedule and budget reviewing customer specifications and developing energy storage solutions that meet the customer requirements, as well as develop new battery concepts for emerging markets.
- Experience with aerospace product development lifecycles for hardware/software co-
development from product requirements through qualification and release to production.
- Demonstrated expertise in program management with adherence to schedule and cost requirements.
- Ability to motivate and drive teams to meet established program requirements in support of business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience of bringing complex technical products to market.
- Experience in writing technical proposals and non-recurring engineering (NRE) estimates in support of new business bids & proposals.
- Strong interpersonal and open communication skills in support of both functional team
leadership as well as executive management interface.
- Demonstrated experience in co-designing with Operations teams to address design for manufacture (DFM) issues for successful product transition to production.
- Exhibits a high level of integrity with full adherence and application of all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to present complex technical information to audiences of varying technical knowledge
- Management of obsolescence issues including alternate parts sourcing, qualification
of replacement parts, and implementation of product improvements.
- Demonstrated examples of driving a successful continuous improvement program
- Limited travel required in support of customer site visits and alternate work sites
- Must be able to work in a standard office environment, with ability to sit or stand most of the workday.
- Must be able to lift work materials up to 40 pounds in weight.
- Due to ITAR regulations, required to be a US citizen or green card holder.
Desired Background and Experience:
- Proven success with management of product development programs
- Experience with the interface of design engineering to the product/solution sales and customer fulfillment processes
- Direct military/aerospace experience is required.
- 8+ years of Engineering Management experience in the Military and Aerospace markets.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of power systems, electronic design, and software development processes.
- Experience with aerospace environmental and development standards for both Military
& Commercial industries (i.e. MIL-STD-810, DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, etc.)