JOB TYPE: DIRECT HIRE
We are hiring a New Product Development (NPD) Engineering Manager – Ordnance for our client in Hollister, CA.
The NPD Engineering Manager is a key leadership role. This person provides the leadership for the product team engineers involved in the design and development efforts on a variety of projects including the execution of program budgets, schedules, and resource allocations. Partners with the application engineer, to conceptualize, design, and develop new products. Participates in the resolution of engineering issues (design and/or program problems, design reviews, and failure analysis). Interfaces with customers through the Bid and Proposal (B&P) process, technical reviews, and customer meetings. Mentors cross-functional team of engineers and technical personnel in ordnance/pyrotechnics and the introduction / new product development (NPD) methodology. Will take direction from Director of New Product Development.
Design and development of new products utilizing APD process. Customer interface to support B&P, technical reviews, innovation, and relationships. Data package generation, prototype buildup, and verification/qualification of products. Assist in resolving issues with current production programs thru active participation in production team reviews, failure analysis, and technical meetings. Ability to analyze situations and breakdown into smaller functions. Create critical paths and delegate to appropriate staff. Drive execution and process discipline. Lead the development team to follow best engineering practices, company procedures, and processes. Ability to have the drive and initiative to see jobs through and be task-oriented. Conducts daily management and communicates performance results across the organization as required.
· BS in Engineering, MS in Engineering, or MBA would be a plus.
· 7+ years Engineering / Technical Program Management experience or related managerial experience desired.
· Possesses and maintains strong analytical skills and the ability to direct and coordinate work activities of other engineering staff.
· Extensive experience with GD&T, technical drawings, project schedules, budgets, and technical presentations.
· Experience with new product development and failure investigations
· SolidWorks would be a plus.
· Understanding of engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
· Knowledge of related products' architecture and competitive products.
· Demonstrated engineering acumen
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Maintain the highest professional standards, preserve the team environment, and promote all stakeholders and the company goals.
Balance Staffing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.