JOB TYPE: CONTRACT TO HIRE OR DIRECT HIRE
Balance Staffing is hiring for an Assistant Project Manager in the Temple/Austin area for an Electrical Contractor providing complex design/build commercial services - clients include both government and institutional facilities across multiple states.
Contract to Hire or Direct Hire Position
Salary: 85K + Competitive compensation and benefits package
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Bonuses, and PTO. Profit sharing annually and fully vested after 6 years
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with Project Architects and Managers, Engineers, Superintendents, and other operations support members
- Responsible for CPM and/or MS Project scheduling and project cost control and risk management. Performs estimating duties as required.
- Responsible for job order contract administration, data entry, scope of work development, cost estimates, proposals development, subcontractor buyout and coordination, scheduling, coordination with project architects and engineers, project meetings, project records and documents, managing customer relations and expectations.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages all facets necessary to complete projects within budget, on time, and deliver quality work
- Manage delivery order execution in accordance with contract requirements and project management procedures
- Meet with senior managers regularly to gain knowledge, ideas, and insight in order to develop skills, ensure success, and progress to larger and/or more projects
- Develop detailed project scope of work to include drawings, renderings, preliminary approximations of types of materials to be used and basic quantity counts
- Review the proposal scope of work, specifications, and drawings to ensure they clearly define the project requirements and client expectations
- Prepare estimates based on technical specifications, scope of work and drawings or sketches; to include detailed quantity take-offs for each job order and enter line items into on-site computer containing the Unit Price Book software
- Evaluate vendor and subcontractor proposals to confirm compliance with scope of work; negotiate delivery order subcontractor agreements based upon this information
- Coordinate subcontractor buyout; to include arranging and attending site visits with subcontractors, tracking subcontractor proposals and entering required data in project management software.
- Prepare a detailed proposal package based on the scope of work and the line item estimate; submit to client and attend negotiations to support the proposal as submitted. Negotiate with the client as necessary
- Coordinate project close-out; to include obtaining required documentation, assisting in pre-final inspections and As-Built drawings
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and if applicable, understanding the full potential of framework agreements in place to serve their market in order to propose solutions, identify improvements, enhance customer service and retention, and grow business
Performance of the required job duties will be in an office environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Management, Engineering, or related field highly desired
- 2+ years' experience PM
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus but not required
- Knowledge of construction means and methods, electrical and telecom a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to learn project specific software such as BlueBeam, or similar
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include clear, concise and professional presentation of information