JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
We are looking for a talented, strategic Financial Controller to join a growing, high volume staffing company. Be part of the Balance family.
Our internal, corporate team is growing. As we head into new markets, we'll need a noteworthy Financial Controller to help guide us in this process.
We're privately owned and medium-sized. Ambitious and passionate, we take risks, are encouraging of new ideas, and all the while never forget about our values: Passion. Integrity. Relationships. Innovation.
Our Financial Controller will work closely with the internal accounting team of (4) and report directly to our President. In addition, you will work with the support and guidance of our interim CFO.
As Balance's Financial Controller, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing organizational costs and structure
- Creating accounting processes to facilitate achievement of long and short term financial goals
- Generating financial reports
- Publishing accurate, timely financial statements for shareholders
- Recommending pricing, contract, and capital investment decisions based on market knowledge and experience
- Managing internal accounting initiatives
- Using Quickbooks as our accounting software
- Managing internal payroll process bi-weekly
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
What can we offer you?
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous PTO plan
- Gym reimbursement
- Supportive team with a family feel (check our Glassdoor, nothing to hide!)
- Purpose and values driven leadership
- Other perks; gym reimbursement every month, snacks in the office (when you work in the office, once a week at present!), a half-day off if you vote this election...and much much more.
To be considered, the ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years experience as a Financial Controller for a MM company
- CPA certifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar field
- Initiative, passion, and a 'trailblazer' mentality
- An aptitude for numbers, reporting, and accuracy
- Proven experience in finance management
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- A desire to grow into our CFO one day
This position is based in Stockton, California, however is work from home during COVID. Our offices have been remote since March and will likely continue to be until 2021.
There will be flexibility to work from home long term, with the exception of Tuesdays. In person meetings with our Interim CFO and President are required on Tuesdays.
Apply today. You will hear from someone within 24 hours if you are to progress to next steps.