JOB TYPE: CONTRACT
SUMMARY Under general supervision, generates packaging labels using computer-based software programs, inkjet printers, and thermal transfer printers based on instructions on the PPS (Packaging Process Specification); performs quality inspection of the labels before releasing to the Production floor. Some duties involve work of a confidential nature which requires knowledge of the company’s customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Review label requests, create or augment the required labels per the PPS.
- Use thermal transfer printers, primarily Datamax and Zebra.
- Use inkjet printers, primarily VIP700 and Epson.
- Read and understand the PPS for packaging instructions, material handling, and shipping procedures.
- Perform quality inspection of generated labels prior to the labels being released to the production floor.
- Use computer-based software programs that include, but are not limited to: Labelview, Bartender, and some customer-based programs accessible via VPN (Virtual Private Network).
- Perform tasks and/or production duties as requested by management.
- Maintain printer(s) and or all associated printing equipment and the area they are kept in.
- Maintain stock levels of labels, thermal transfer ribbons and or all supplies necessary to generate and run labels efficiently.
- High school graduate, college education preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the same or associated field.
- Must be familiar with computers running the Windows operating system and be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Good communication skills required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Must be able to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work as a creative, flexible, innovative, and effective member of a team.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, count accurately, and perform simple math.
- Must be punctual with good attendance.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs., additional weight with assistance.