JOB TYPE: DIRECT HIRE
Every day, we power growth and expand possibilities. We come from a broad collection of experiences and diverse backgrounds, but we’re united by a drive to raise the bar for the impactful technologies we design and manufacture, our customers, and each other. With an open and inclusive culture, we help one another think creatively and look beyond – because when we’re each at our best, we’re even more powerful together.
Seeking a senior Licensed Customs Broker and a Freight Forwarder Agent/NVOCC in the Los Angeles Area within a commuting distance from Huntington Beach. Prefer to have applicants with both licenses but can accept applicants with either license. This position will manage our customs brokerage and/or our freight forwarding businesses.
- Duties include guiding goods through customs; preparing and submitting documents; determining taxes, tariff and duty payments; booking shipments through road, rail, vessel and air, with carriers and/or agents; tracking shipments; and using the tariff coding system to classify material.
- Extensive work with third party transportation, freight and other companies that transport products domestically and internationally.
- Ensure global recordkeeping and reporting requirements are maintained and conducted in a manner that ensures compliance and facilitates completion of audits in a timely manner without material issues.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of and strategic leadership in identifying issues, developing globally integrated solutions and recommendations to senior management and customers to ensure that processes are compliant and align with business objectives.
- Initiate, monitor and resolve all activity in accordance with customer/client instruction, regulatory requirements and in a way to ensure timely submissions and associated tracking through final closure.
- Oversee regular audits, respond to customs and other regulatory requests, confirm entry corrections.
- Effectively communicate compliance requirements and impact both internally and externally.
- Work with customs brokers, regulatory agents, legal and trade compliance consultants to resolve related issues by clarifying questions and recommending solutions.
- Ensure that company counsel is regularly consulted and informed about trade compliance issues and activities.
- Drive effective collaboration with members in legal and trade compliance functions
- Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
- Preferred ten + years working experience as a licensed customs broker and/or freight forwarding agent.
- Ability to successfully transact our clients/customers’ import and export transactions while successfully meeting all government and trade regulations.
- Must have extensive experience preparing customs documentation, ensuring that shipments meet all applicable laws to facilitate the transport, import and export of goods, determining and tracking tariffs, duties and taxes payable and processing payments on behalf of clients/customers.
- Must possess an up-to-date knowledge of topics such as government trade regulations, international tariffs, insurance and bonding requirements, and restrictions regarding shipments.
- Knowledge of international customs and freight forwarding documentation and regulations.
- In depth knowledge of customs requirements for electronics, computer equipment, apparel and other goods, with tariff valuation laws and other government department laws, regulations and policies.
- Knowledge of different agency clearance requirements and release processes.
Education and Other Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as business or supply chain.
- Must have United States Customs Broker's license and/or Freight Forwarder License /NVOCC – Non Vessel Operating Common Carrier, current and in good standing
Balance Staffing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.